June 19, 2019

Off to Ohio


Blogspotters - I have been gradually nudging you to move over to the blog on my website.  Please go over there and subscribe (on the upper left of the screen) so you don't miss anything.  That platform just gives us more functionality, so after 30 June I'll post the link here to the blog posted there.  Save yourself the step and head over to subscribe - which gets you an email reminder of the latest posts, the occasional free content, and more as we continue to grow.  As always, sharing my thoughts, occasionally offering a travel opportunity, book or CD. 

Is not a tune title (although it could be!).
I’m so excited to be leaving for Ohio soon.  I'll be teaching at the Ohio Scottish Arts School!  An entire week of tunestunestunes and funfunfun!  I have some cool tunes, some new lesson items, and a crazy idea that just might work (a la McGiver).
Loads of excellent people, wonderful music, and lots of learning – can’t wait!  Oh, and snacks :-) 
And before that, the Ohio Scottish Games hosting this year's US National Scottish Harp ChampionshipTM.  It's going to be a jam-packed week!
And a long drive - what a great time for a variety of types of practicing.  There's listening to music, rehearsing in my head, "tapping out" the melody against the steering wheel, and my favorite - listening to something completely different looking for new ideas for arranging.
How do you use your car time? Let me know in the comments.
Next week – scenes from OSAS!

No comments: