April 20, 2016

Looking ahead - shorter timeline



I have had the opportunity to attend a number of summer harp events.  But one that I haven't ever gotten to is the Harp Gathering Folk Harp Festival at Sauder Village in Archbold Ohio.  This year the Harp Gathering runs 12 – 15 May and I will be unable to attend – again!

But I have heard good things about it and I wanted to share that with you. I have been told that the Gathering has a nice venue and provides a good experience.  It is very well organized and the scene is lovely.  The instructors are fabulous and the workshops are interesting and useful. In addition, the door prizes are great!  I have heard of someone winning a harp!


The feel of the event is broader than some of the other events in which I have participated.  There are a lot of workshops and the focus includes taize to tools, practice, double strung harp and music theory.  The faculty are an excellent collection including Richard Ash, Rhett Barnwell, Angi Bemiss, Christa Grix, Lynda Kuckenbrod, Diana Rowan, Cynthia Shelhart, Denise Grupp-Verbon, and Louise Trotter.

The Heritage Inn looks like a very interesting and comfortable accommodation and Sauder Village is an additional attraction for those coming from farther afield.  There is so much to be learned in a tightly packed schedule.  And how can you not look forward to an event with this great tag line: 

Inspire your mind.  Challenge your skill, and Renew your skill.

Are you going to the Harp Gathering?  Tell us about it!

No comments: