October 18, 2017

Holiday Preparation – it’s in the Planner!


I have a terrible time keeping track of calendar events.  I have an electronic calendar but I really rely on my old fashioned paper planner.  And on more than one occasion, that planner has saved me from making mistakes.  No matter what the form, having a planner just helps us feel more organized.  With the holidays rapidly approaching, what should you put in your planner to be ready for holiday events?


Here’s what I have in mine:
  • The contract
  • An Event Questionnaire (that makes sure I ask all the right questions – where? what? When? Who? Anything special or specific)
  • A “Countdown” to the event (especially important if I have to learn a specific piece of music for the event)
  • Reminders
  • Other activities (when to write the set list, when to touch base with the event point of contact, when to receive the balance due, etc.)
  • “Stuff of life” (don’t offer to help move furniture or do other heavy lifting the day before a big gig!) 
All of this helps to contain stress, manage expectations, be prepared, be professional, and stay pulled together.  With the holidays right ‘round the corner, your planner can help you stay sane, focused and calm – just what clients expect!

No comments: