September 7, 2011

Stepping through our week - Day Two Road to the Isles

Our second day dawned and we all met for a hearty breakfast before heading out on our adventure.  David prepared us for our journey - it would be a long day, but full of sites, sights and delights!

We traveled diagonally across the width of Scotland on our way to Skye.  We saw rivers and lochs, bridges and waterfalls, man-made and natural splendor.   We saw the geography transform and the weather change.  We learned history and saw how the land and the people shaped one another.

Here are a few of the views I wanted to share with you.  These are only a few of the photos from the day - and I find that most of the time I am so busy looking that I forget to take a photo. 






We arrived at the McKinnon Country House in Skye and after settling in we shared a lovely tune that was tied to our excursion of the day.  After we had played we adjourned to dinner which was fantastic before repairing to bed to be ready for the next day's outing.

Come with us next time so you can see it yourself!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sites, sights, and delights... I do love how you shape language, my friend! Sounds like a lovely trip. I'm glad you get to do this, and wish I could do something similar :)